Die casting is a metal casting process that is characterized by forcing molten metal under high pressure into a mold cavity. The mold cavity is created using two hardened tool steel dies which have been machined into shape and work similarly to an injection mold during the process. Most die castings are made from non-ferrous metals, specifically zinc, copper, aluminium, magnesium, lead, pewter and tin-based alloys. Depending on the type of metal being cast, a hot- or cold-chamber machine is used.
The casting equipment and the metal dies represent large capital costs and this tends to limit the process to high-volume production. Manufacture of parts using die casting is relatively simple, involving only four main steps, which keeps the incremental cost per item low. It is especially suited for a large quantity of small- to medium-sized castings, which is why die casting produces more castings than any other casting process. Die castings are characterized by a very good surface finish (by casting standards) and dimensional consistency.
Two variants are pore-free die casting, which is used to eliminate gas porosity defects; and direct injection die casting, which is used with zinc castings to reduce scrap and increase yield.
- Application Field Of Injection Mould
- Function Characteristics Of Injecti...
- Die Casting Mould
- The Latest Technology Of Die Castin...
- Present Situation Of Die Casting Di...
- International Die-casting Die
- Development Of Die Casting Mould In...
- Automobile Mould
- Development Trend Of Automobile Mould
- The Precise Manufacture Of Moulds I...
- Moulds Kept Processing On Machine.
- Automotive Part Mould Making Company
- Plastic Mould Maker In Taizhou
- Bumper Mould Process On High Speed ...
- Air Conditioner Shell Mould
- China Plastic Product Making Factory.
- Plastic Fan Product From Fan Mould.
- Plastic Moulds To Customer.
- China Injection Plastic Mould Company.
- CNC Machine Process