Polymers Best Suited for Injection Molding
Most polymers may be used, including all thermoplastics and some elastomers. There are tens of thousands of different materials available for injection molding.
The available materials mixed with alloys or blends of previously developed materials means that product designers can choose from a vast selection of materials to find the one that has exactly the right properties.
Materials are chosen based on the strength and function required for the final part; but also each material has different parameters for molding that must be considered. Common polymers like nylon, polyethylene, and polystyrene are thermoplastic.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Plastic Mould
- Introduction to Plastic Mould
- Main classification of plastic moulds
- Structural elements of plastic moulds
- Material requirements for plastic m...
- Material selection of plastic mould
- Technical application of plastic mould
- Mold Development
- Injection mould
- The composition of the mould
- Basics of injection molding design-...
- What is mold?
- Different Types of Injection Moldin...
- The Gates In Mould
- The Gates In Mould- Gate Location
- The wall thickness in mould
- Mould Need To Do Texture
- Parting Lines
- Common Molding Defects
- ALUMINUM CASTING METALS