In-mold coatings are available to improve surface paintability, eliminating the need for primer.
Color compounds can be customized.
Male and female tools are commonly made from tool-grade steel. Where pressure is <400psi, other tooling materials can be used.
Tools are generally capable of running temps of 300˚F and pressures about 1000psi, depending on contour.
Tools generally run 60,000 parts before restorative shear work is needed*.
SMC Material Formulation
Related Industry Knowledge
- Plastic Mould
- Introduction to Plastic Mould
- Main classification of plastic moulds
- Structural elements of plastic moulds
- Material requirements for plastic m...
- Material selection of plastic mould
- Technical application of plastic mould
- Mold Development
- Injection mould
- The composition of the mould
- SMC Material And Pressing Part
- Mold flow analysis
- How to Select a Good Mold Manufactu...
- Hot runner types and their applicat...
- The Hot Runner types
- Why the venting is so important for...
- The texture for plastic injection mold
- Mold Trial Instruction
- More Plating Tips for Plastic Injec...
- Important Considerations for the Ej...